Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Etheria Film Night 2014 in Hollywood

In Los Angeles for the annual Etheria Film Night - a night of films by women filmmakers in horror, fantasy and science fiction.

It's a lot of fun - a lot of the filmmakers show up (there's a well-organized red carpet event) and it's well-attended. The format includes a feature film and a slate of shorts. I learned about Etheria in 2013 when my film "Shelter" was accepted to their tour, for which the theater event is the kick-off.

This year's feature film was Axelle Carolyn's "Soulmate", an uncommonly good supernatural thriller about a depressed woman trying to recover in a country retreat that turns out to be haunted.  I'm glad I saw it on a large screen, it's visually gorgeous. It's a high-quality film in every respect, and I think it would do well in theatrical distribution.